Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Placid Life...

If what they say is true, and a picture captures 1,000 words.. well, then I submit to the jury exhibit A.
I love this picture, not just because its family, but because it was taken when they weren't looking, in between the gaggle of photographers present at the wedding. I took a bizillion shots and went 'paparazzi' myself, but out of all of them, I kept reverting back to this one as my favorite.
Two Thursday's ago, a small gathering of close family members on the Smith side & Jackson side ventured up to Lake Placid, NY for Kevin & Leah' wedding. I myself, hadn't returned to Placid in over 10 years... and upon returning, was reminded why it was my favorite place in the world growing up.
I was very glad to be back to Placid, and my 'Tara' as I referred to it growing up. 'Tara' comes from the character Scarlett O'Hara's reference to her home. It really is a beautiful town, and I have had the pleasure of seeing it in the summer months, when the weather is text book perfect, and even in the winter when this lake pictured above 'Mirror Lake' is frozen over allowing for dog sledding (did it, and it is awesome). It is gorgeous in the summer & in the winter!
I was also very happy to get in some hiking while up there too! After climbing Whiteface Mtn. so many years ago, it sorta gets ingrained in you... you may not do it often, but it's like riding a bike... you never forget.


No comments: